Sunday 29 June 2014

Blossom Shawl

Good morning everyone! It's a beautiful, sunny day here. It's very still and warm. The sun is beaming in through the skylight window and I can hear the birds outside. So just a quick post and then I'm off to make tea to take outside and drink in the garden. I might even have a scone with it!
 
You might remember when I first told you about starting the blossom shawl in this post. When I started it, I didn't know whether it would be for a baby girl or a baby boy. The pattern says to add flowers in various shades of pink round the edge. The flowers are attched to chain loops and sort of dangle.

In order to try and make the shawl suitable for either a girl or a boy I decided to make the dangly bits not flowers but small circles made using the first two rows of the motif pattern. As for colour, that was a bit more difficult. Off I went to my local wool shop to see what was available in the Stylecraft Special DK. I tried different combinations and decided on the two colours below.


That's Sherbert on the left and the other is Parchment. I think they work well together and also with the white. They are also pretty neutral; not only suited to a boy or a girl.



I have actually since been told what the baby is but am not allowed to tell anyone. Not even you. Mum's the word and all that.
 
I am now very close to finishing the main part of the shawl. It will have to blocked after sewing in the ends and then I can start making the coloured dangly bits. I'll let you see it when it is completely finished.
 


Have a lovely day; I intend to try and have one that's as relaxing as possible.

4 comments:

  1. Your shawl looks beautiful! The colours that you have chosen for the edging should go very well together and with the white as well, and as you say, great for a girl or boy! I look forward to seeing the finished shawl in due course. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I can't wait to finish the shawl and see what it will be like. The baby isn't due for months though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one beautiful shawl, and I really like the soft neutrals you chose for the border motifs. I hope you managed to have a relaxing day. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two more white motifs to do. Of course, I couldn't wait until they were all finished to try a few of the coloured ones! I had a great day, thanks.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really appreciate you taking the time to do this and I read them all. I will try to reply as soon as possible to any comment that needs a reply.